GRIZZLY3 - WINCH CONTROL BOARD
Reduced dimensions and proportional winch control if used with stick or potentiometer
Just like its predecessor, the GRIZZLY 2 card replaces stock controller winches (3Racing, RC4WD, ...) or the electronic of modified servo-winch, solving the problems of reliability and accuracy that afflict those units.
[What is common to the old GRIZZLY and the new GRIZZLY 2? ]
The new version retains the main features of the previous
- No unwanted movement of the winch due to the card too sensitive to radio interference
- Possibility to power the winch separately
- Automatic brake winch
- Compatibility with the radio in 2 or 3 positions switches
- Protection against accidental starting
[What's New introduces the second generation of GRIZZLY card? ]
1. Convenient but not very efficient electromechanical relays were replaced by MOSFET transistors, making the management of the winch fully electronic.
This has allowed us to drastically reduce the size of the board, consumption, and nutrition disorders that could be introduced by the relay coils themselves.
In addition, the transistor, when used properly, do not suffer wear and ensure reliability and consistency of performance over time, regardless of the number of operations performed.
2. Selection between internal power supply (from the receiver) takes place outside or in a fully automatic way: if you supplied a voltage higher than that provided by the receiver, the card will power the winch from the external source, automatically separating the two circuits.
3. The card is now compatible with receivers powered up to 8.4V (2S LiPo); an internal regulator protects the electronics board from surges, and still ensures the power supply of the winch to 2S (in case of absence of external source)
4. The selection between 2 or 3 positions is done via a jumper, there are no longer two versions of the card, but only one model that can be freely configured according to the transmitter being used.
The card is immediately working and does not require programming: when it detects the presence or absence of jumper and arises respectively in mode 2 or 3 positions. However it requires soldering of a winch cable and exterlnal power NOT INCLUDED.
If you use the card only in the 3-position mode, you can further reduce the size unsoldering or cutting of the jumper contacts.
Dimensions: 30x22 mm
Voltage power supply (receiver): 4.5 V to 8.4 V
Power supply (external): 5.0 V to 12.6 V
Maximum current 1.5 A winch power supply (internal) or 5.0 A (external power supply)
Download manual from this link